The Adventure Programme provides our children ample opportunity to explore the great outdoors, take on thrilling challenges and broaden their appreciation for the natural world.
Our Infant children's Adventure Programme is the highlight of their week.
Clifton High School's close links with the Mendip Activity Centre, Belmont Estate and Farm Link provides a well-curated, bespoke outdoor education experience, tailored to enrich the learning journey of every child in our Infant School. These include:
- Visits to the Mendip Activity Centre, where children try introductory outdoor pursuits sessions like canoeing, climbing and bush crafts
- Set within our own woodland area, Forest School sessions are led by teachers who engage children in outdoor activities like nature studies, art, and creative writing.
- Beach School is where art, design, construction, science, and drama unite in this unique beach setting.
- Farm School exposes children to animal and crop farming.
- Trips to Belmont Estate, where children delve into educational programs centered around rewilding, sustainability, conservation and the wonders of nature.
Embracing sustainability as a core School principle, our Adventure Programme minimizes transport, eliminates packaging, and reduces paper waste, ensuring a responsible and impactful approach to learning. This type of exploration instills respect, a responsibility and love for the natural world.