Jackie Brangwyn is a highly qualified and experienced Counsellor of children, young people and adults. Jackie trained to be a Counsellor at The University of Bristol and has a Certificate in Counselling Skills, a Diploma in Counselling and a Masters Degree in Counselling (MSc Couns). This was an Integrative course that was Person-Centred and included other theoretical models such as Psychodynamic theory and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
She has additional training in working with art and play therapy with children and young people and regularly updates her professional development and accreditation/registration with BACP.
Jackie has experience of counselling at Off the Record, the University of Bath, Frome Medical Centre, Bath College and CAMHS. She has worked in Independent Schools as a Counsellor for the past fifteen years. In addition to counselling, Jackie is a qualified teacher, BEd Hons (Sussex), and runs courses in Good Listening Skills.
Issues Brought to Counselling
Pupils bring a wide range of issues to counselling including: bereavement and other loss and change, family and peer relationship difficulties, mental and physical ill health, anxiety, panic attacks, stress, depression, social media and internet issues, assault, sexuality and gender, self-esteem and the impact of Covid-19.
Making a referral
To make an appointment to see Jackie you can do so in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Text her school mobile: 07305106517
- Ask a teacher to contact Jackie
- See or contact one of the School Nurses in the Medical Centre
Finding a Counsellor outside of School
Some pupils may benefit from longer term counselling, or therapy for the whole family may be beneficial. Looking for a Counsellor who is accredited with BACP is recommended. The following list includes organisations that offer counselling to young people and families:
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy - lists all registered and accredited counsellors and family therapists
- The Counselling Directory - over 10,000 qualified counsellors listed, so you are able to find the right counsellor for you
- Child Bereavement UK - Help for children and young people (up to age 25), parents and families, to rebuild their lives when a child grieves or when a child dies.
- Relate - Bristol based child and family counselling
- Childline 1-2-1 Counsellor Chat - Chat with a counsellor online about whatever's worrying you
- Off the Record - Bristol based service who offer a friendly team of Wellbeing Practitioners deliver brief evidence-based therapeutic work in schools, and pretty much anywhere in the community where there’s young people!
- The Institute of Family Therapists - the leading training organisation for systemic practice in the UK. They are highly respected in the field and have a firmly established national and international reputation for high standards and excellence.