Children in Years 3 to 6 study the Junior School Curriculum; it covers all requirements of the Key Stage 2 National Curriculum but is in no way constrained by its provisions. We place great emphasis on the need to provide a breadth of study and ensure our teaching is broad and balanced to allow children to develop each and every talent and interest.
English and mathematics are taught daily with a wider range of subjects pursued on a weekly basis. Pupils are assessed daily through oral and written feedback and formally each term. Formal assessments take place in the Autumn, Spring and Summer Terms and results are provided in the form of a written report, which allows both parents and teachers to monitor progress and set new academic targets.
Alongside the core curriculum we follow an exciting enrichment programme which allows our children to experience a range of activities outside the normal curriculum.
The Junior School Curriculum consists of the following areas of learning:
- English, including Drama
- Art and Design
- Music, including singing
- Physical Education, including swimming
- Enrichment programme including Religious Education
- Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning
- Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (PSHE)
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Technology (Food Technology, Design Technology, further computing and design tasks)
- Leadership programme (developing skills for: humanity, Sustainable 21st Century, Success in Life)