International Pupils - Living with Parents

International students living locally with their parents are welcome at Clifton High School in all age groups, from the Nursery Pre-School to Sixth Form.

It is our aim that all international pupils are fully integrated within school life socially, academically and in extra-curricular activities. In order to achieve this and to ensure all our students get the very best from their education, places for international students at Clifton High School are limited and sought after.

  • All international students follow the English curriculum for all subjects and will prepare for GCSEs and A levels (if age appropriate).
  • Alongside this we offer additional classes in English as an Additional Language (EAL).
  • All international pupils wishing to attend Clifton High School will need to follow our standard application and admissions process – click here for details.
  • For those students that require a visa, we can provide a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) number. For more information on applying for a visa click here.

Applying for a Visa to Study

Please note that Clifton High School cannot apply for a visa on your behalf, nor can we provide you with advice on obtaining a visa; you must do this yourself.

Students may need a visa to study in the UK, for example, if they are a non-European Union citizen. To find out more about whether a visa is required, please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website:

To apply for a Tier 4 visa, you will need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number, which we will give you. See our application and admissions section for further information on this.

This information is not legal advice. Please make sure you check the UK Visas and Immigration website (address above) for up-to-date information, as visa regulations change regularly.